Saturday, May 7, 2011

To Kenya

Kenya,

My first love!  Has it truly been five years since our first encounter?  Even today, I taste you with fervor untainted by overuse.  I owe you so much.  Remember when you caught my attention so subtly?  I was scared – nervous at the prospect of a destructive commencement.  With no cream or sugar to alleviate your presence, I was skeptical at first and expected the worse.  Oh but the bliss of first meetings.  Your scent pulled me in beyond the point of no return.  Bold, yet smooth.  Strong, yet not offensive.  I must admit that I was taken aback.  Forgive me for my hesitancy, but you must realize that everything was new to me.  I was not one to make careless mistakes.  Now, however, I can experience you with abandonment, knowing full-well that love is blind.  Even an error on my part leaves me wanting more of the real thing.  And so, Kenya, I thank you.  Thank you for having a clean finish with no foul aftertaste to taint my pallet.  Thank you for your brightness and cleanliness.  Your citrus flavors are adored and valued beyond measure.  It does not surprise me that so many others have had such wonderful experiences with your aroma, taste, and body.  I implore you to remember me as one who has been exceedingly faithful despite countless competition that threatens to overwhelm.  You are mine.  I have personally claimed you as my own and set in you a special place in my heart.  Stay with me, my favorite one.

Forever Yours,

Me

P.S. Try pairing up with anything citrusy (lemon pound cake, grapefruit, or key lime pie)



No comments:

Post a Comment