Saturday, May 7, 2011

To French Roast

French Roast,

I don’t know quite what to think about you.  Even at first glance, you appeared to be the dark and mysterious one bent on winning me over.  Can I trust you?  You evoke such strong emotions, yet it still feels as if we’re a good fit.  There’s an astonishing normalcy when I taste you.  You come across overly confident, but the more of you I experience, the more I realize your heart.  Whereas others may be intimidated by your strength, I have chosen to dive right in.  Mixed emotions: on one hand I am titillated by your depth; on the other hand, I’m not sure I could put up with you every day.  What’s a girl to do?  For now, let’s enjoy the moment and work through the smoky complexities later.

Enraptured,

Me

P.S. Try pairing up with roasted nuts of any kind (salted).

No comments:

Post a Comment